6.20.2007

Is it really only Wednesday...?

I AM SO TIRED! Last night was my final session of prenatal yoga. I was so sad to see it end. But, the 10 of us (all first-time expectant moms), have exchanged emails in hopes of getting together sometime for a little "reunion" or at least to stay in touch and chat. There's another girl, Amy, in the class who is due 2 days before me and we're to birth at the same hospital! Maybe we'll see each other, or HEAR each other, if we go into labor at the same time! We seem to have had very similar experiences with our pregnancies and share some of the same worries and joys, which I think is pretty neat. The yoga class really helped us all to mentally and physically prepare for childbirth. I truly enjoyed our discussions and I'm so glad I enrolled in the class. After class, Heather and I decided we needed to treat ourselves to a slice of carrot cake at Addisson's. So there we were, two pregnant ladies ordering a piece of cake from Seth's cousin Jessica, also pregnant. It was kind of humorous--you probably had to be there to appreciate it.

While on the pregnancy topic...
We're hoping to hire a doula to attend our birth. I've contacted several of them via email over the past 4 weeks but didn't think it would be so hard to find someone available around our due date. But, I think we found one, we just have to set up a consultation with her and make sure that we're a good fit. If you don't know what a doula is, she's a personal birth coach. That's the short of it. She will be there from the beginning of my labor through the birth of our baby to guide and support me through the process of a natural birth. She'll also help by taking some of the pressure off Seth to be my "cheerleader" in-between screams and groans and grunts. She'll provide a couple of prenatal visits at our home and postnatal visits to make sure that breastfeeding is working and to assist with any other concerns we have. I believe (and have testimony from friends) that a doula will prove to be an very valuable resource for us.

Tonight I'm going to book club with Carrie. It's in Ashland and it'll probably be another late night for me. I'll get a break of no committments tomorrow night and then I'm shooting that wedding this weekend. After that, I'll actually have a little more free time (and a lot more sleep) than I've had over the past 2 months. Thank goodness!

Oh, and one more thing. We did get our car window replaced yesterday. I was very impressed with the speedy service. I'm sure we won't be leaving our car parked on the street anytime in the near future, if at all!

-rebecca

No comments: