6.26.2007

Is it Friday yet...?

I AM EXHAUSTED! The wedding on Saturday wore me out! I selected a few images (well, more like a dozen) to post but haven't had time. Perhaps tomorrow, so check back. As for now, here's a briefing of how our weekend panned out.

Saturday :
  • Sleep in (9am) then get up to prepare for wedding. Seth makes brunch while I get ready.
  • 12 P.M. - Seth drops me off at the church and will return just before the ceremony begins to assist me for the rest of the day. In the meantime, I photograph the bridal parties as they get ready.
  • 1:30 P.M. - Ceremony begins.
  • 2:45 P.M. - Formal portraits of grandparents, parents, bridal party and bride and groom.
  • BREAK TIME - Go home and relax, eat a snack and prepare for remainder of evening
  • 5:00 P.M. - Arrive at Stoney Creek Inn for the reception. The bride and groom planned a cocktail hour for guests to mingle, drink and eat appetizers before they make their grand entrance.
  • 6:00 P.M. - Dinner is served, and dancing to follow. The party is (mostly) over by 9:30 P.M. Time to exit!
  • 10:00 P.M. - With a bit of energy left in our bones we decide to head to the Coalier house where many of our friends are hanging out for the evening around the campfire and camping out. We stayed until midnight and collapsed in bed as soon as we walked in the door.

Sunday: MY 27th BIRTHDAY!!!

  • Slept in again (9am).
  • 10:30 A.M. - Seth took me to breakfast at Ernie's Cafe.
  • 11:30 A.M. - While Seth was running some "birthday errands" I stayed home and relaxed, looked at some of the wedding photos, did some light housework and just enjoyed myself knowing I didn't have to accomplish anything. After all, it was my birthday, right?
  • 1:15 P.M. - Open presents! I got a body pillow and a soft, satin pillowcase to help me sleep better. I think Seth was tired of the fortress of pillows in the bed, leaving little room for him. I also received a nice picture frame to add to our family wall of snapshots. And, for dessert, Almond Joy and Mounds candy bars! Yummy!
  • 3:00 Water the garden and outside plants. We enjoy doing this together and taking a walk around the yard to see what new plants have popped up or in bloom.
  • 4:00 P.M. - Head to the new TACO BUENO. Yes, that's right, fast-food tex-mex better than Taco Bell, but the real novelty is that this restaurant brings back memories of home for me. The first Taco Bueno I dined at was the one in Owasso and it was a favorite hangout for the high school students. We shared a mexi-dip and chips to hold us over until dinner.
  • 4:00 P.M. - shop for dinner ingredients - yes, my birthday was all about food!
  • 6:00 P.M. - grill fish and pineapple over the fire pit. The menu was catfish marinated with lemon pepper spice and topped with pineapple & mango chutney (with fresh cilantro and red onion). Small baked potatoes on the side. Delicious!
  • RELAX for the rest of the evening! Happy birthday to me!

So, it was a good weekend, but a busy one. Tonight I will head to a coffee shop downtown to gather with the ladies from my prenatal yoga class. The class is over but we still want to keep in touch so we're getting together tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

-rebecca

No comments: