10.19.2007

Whoa! 13 lbs 7 oz!

Yeah, that's right. We're raising a "healthy" boy...A.K.A chunky monkey! I'm his mother, I can say that. He'll thin out, though, and be a soccer player, or a rodeo cowboy. He does this thing with his arm where he puts it up in the air and waves it around in a circle like he's about to rope a calf. Hilarious.

Here's the scoop at 2 months old:

- 13 lbs, 7 oz (remember original weight 8 lbs 2 oz) - did we mention that he likes to eat?
- 23 1/2 in long (has grown 2 in) - I think it's all in his torso
- smiles a lot, coos and is starting to make sounds resembling a laugh or giggle
- he's very active and alert and can follow well with his eyes
- passes gas (often and loud, like his dad)
- holds his head up for short periods of time
- tries to lift his head and chest while on his tummy
- likes to listen to dad play guitar
- is a good at taking baths, he doesn't cry anymore!
- rides well in the car, for the most part
- only wakes up twice in the night, most of the time
- favorite food is breast milk
- likes to watch Heros (tv show on Monday night)
- favorite color is green
- prefers Huggies over Pampers

Percentiles:
- 90th for weight, meaning only 10% of babies his age weigh more than him
- 75th for height, meaning only 25% of babies his age are taller than him
- 50th for head circumference, meaning 50% of babies his age have a bigger head than him

I promise to get pictures ready for posting over the weekend. I thought I'd have time in the evening this week but that was wishful thinking. Going back to work is quite an adjustment but I'm handling it pretty well. The biggest adjustment is pumping breast milk. Seth stayed home with Logan this week and got a taste of what life was like for the me the past two months. Now he understands how much I'd celebrate if I was able to do more than two household chores while home with Logan. Or if I had time to bathe. Ah, parenthood. You gotta love it!

-rebecca

No comments: