7.30.2007

No, we haven't fallen off the face of the Earth

Long time, no post. Life has been busy, what else can I say.

I was hoping to post some pictures along with this entry but for some reason I cannot find the folder on my computer that has the pictures I'm looking for. Hmm...moving on.

About a week and a half ago, Seth and I decided that a mini get-a-way was in order for us before the baby's arrival (just 3 weeks till the due date, not that we're counting!) and I took the initiative to secretly book a room at a B&B south of Hermann, MO (about 1 1/2 hrs from Columbia) for last Thursday night. I told Seth what to pack and how long we'd be gone and he just went along with the surprise. Our accommodations were at Second Creek Farm B&B, located on 135 secluded acres with hiking trails and two stocked ponds for fishing. We hiked the trails for a spot to picnic for dinner and Seth caught 3 fish before sunset. I'm eager to post the photos as words don't do justice for this place. The B&B is modeled after a 1850's log cabin and has four guest rooms, but the house is HUGE!

On Friday, we drove into Hermann to explore the town, minus the wineries that usually would draw us there. I booked massages for us at a therapeutic spa and while I enjoyed a 45-minute pregnancy massage Seth opted for a short 15-minute chair massage so he could keep his shirt on. I came out of my massage to find Seth sitting in a vibrating chair (different from the 15-minute massage chair) reading a newspaper with his feet soaking in a bubbly foot bath and an herbal warmer around his neck. He had a big grin on his face and was really enjoying the pampering! Needless to say, he enjoyed the experience and said he'd do it all over again.

We also had a doctor's appointment Thursday morning before we left for our get-a-way. Everything is good. The doctor even said that if Baby Allen wants to make an early appearance then that would fine. Both of us are in good health. We'll meet with our doula later this week and then we've got two more follow-up doctor's appointments on the 13th and 17th. I am so anxious for the baby's arrival. It can't come soon enough!

Well, I'll post pictures later this week from our B&B and Hermann trip (if I can find that darn folder). Until then, have great days!

-rebecca

No comments: