7.11.2007

Even more baby stuff...and an AWESOME surprise!

We had a great time in Owasso with my family last weekend! It was a short trip but still very fun. Next time we're there, we'll be a family of three!

On Saturday, Mom, Jenna, Rachel, Kate, Sarah and I gathered for lunch at The Marketplace, a large home-decor store with a cafe and ate a wonderful meal of sandwiches, wraps, fruit and desserts while I opened presents. It was perfect place for a ladies luncheon.

GIFTS, GIFTS GALORE...
As always, everyone was so generous with their gift-giving! We received a pack 'n play, homemade quilt, onesies, burp cloths, bowls, sippie cup, bath products, hangers, baby shoes, books, disposable changing cloths and bags for diapers--the list just goes on and on. Thanks to all the ladies for your kindness and generosity!

Mom and Dad are probably going to buy the Bjorn baby carrier for us and bring it with them when they visit for the birth of the baby. We're going to purchase a new mattress for the crib and Gloria and Charley have offered to buy the car seat which will probably be delivered in the next week or so. After that, we'll be set to go with everything we need and a whole lot more! We are so thankful for everyone who has showered us with gifts and advice.

ANTICIPATION...
With 5 1/2 weeks to go, we're getting anxious to meet our little one! We haven't finalized our name choices yes, but we're getting close! We've got an appointment with the obstetric nurse on Friday to discuss our birth plan and then we'll meet with the doctor on the 26th. Then I think we'll meet once a week after that. Now, if I could just put in a special order for the weather to stay below 85 degrees with a cool breeze, that would be perfect!

THE SURPRISE...
And now, it's time to share the most awesome surprise of all from this weekend! Rachel had a special gift for me to open at the shower. In the gift bag was a baby brag book which I immediately loved because I like all things photo-related. Kate encouraged me to open it up and look inside, so I did thinking there was more to it, perhaps it was a scrapbook with stickers and such. But to my surprise, it already contained one photograph--an ultrasound image of Rachel and David's BABY! I had no idea she was pregnant, Rachel wanted to tell me in person that they were expecting and the gift was a perfect way to share the news! I am so excited for them...and the baby is due on Valentine's Day! How cute!

-love, rebecca

No comments: